Good Evening RDTAC,
I hope each of you are enjoying the hot Summer thus far. Although, the RDTAC is on break, we still have much going on. 😊 Here are the July updates – some happy, sadly, some not so.
1. Phillip Jones’s mother, Shirley Ruth Harrison, passed away at the blessed age of 91. The memorial service will this Friday, July 21st at 11:00 am at the following address:
Duke Memorial United Methodist Church
504 W. Chapel Hill Street
I hope as many TU Alumni will attend to support Phillip and his family. Just a reminder that Phillip Jones was the RDTAC’s 1st President and he recently just lost his father. This is a difficult time for him and his family. If you cannot attend, please send words of encouragement to the following address: [Contact RDTAC for Address]
2. Thanks to the TU Alumni that attended the graduation celebration for our own AriAnna Thomas, a 2023 TU graduate and the recipient of the RDTAC Scholarship 2022 & 2023. We had a wonderful time at Watts Chapel and the dinner hosted by Gary and Alicia Wiley. Please see the attached pictures.
3. Please make plans to attend the 1st RDTAC meeting after the Summer break. It is scheduled for September 9th at 2:00 pm. This meeting will be in person at the home of Gary and Alicia Wiley located at: [Contact RDTAC for Address]
Natalie Knight ‘01, the Alumni Trustee on the Board of TU Trustees will be in attendance, via Zoom. Natalie will give the North Carolina Clubs updates of the “happenings” at our beloved Tuskegee University. The Fayetteville Club and the Charlotte Club have been invited to attend.
4. We will begin drafting the 2024 RDTAC calendar in August for approval by the body in September. If you have any pictures you would like to be considered, please email them to Henry Wall.
5. 2023-2024 dues are now due. They are $75, Single and $115, Couple. Dues will be received at the September meeting or can be mailed to: [Contact RDTAC for Address]
6. Alanei Williams has been awarded the 2023 RDTAC Scholarship. She is a rising Senior from Summerville, SC. I am currently working with her parents to make arrangements to receive the scholarship and take a picture for publication.
I would like to have a brief Special Called Meeting on Thursday, July 20th at 8:00 pm to discuss the possibility of awarding another Scholarship to another student. Please plan to attend this very important meeting. The Zoom information will be sent on Wednesday. Thank You Agatha Carroo, the Scholarship Chair, for doing an excellent job of vetting all applicants.
Hope to see you Thursday and enjoy the rest of the Summer!
Alicia F. Wiley, ’94 & ‘97
Raleigh-Durham Tuskegee Alumni Club (RDTAC)
C (919) 270-6114 H (919) 266-9522
Raleigh-Durham Tuskegee Alumni Club